1923 - 2013
A member of the Révész-Wigner duo, a married couple, who worked together as graphic designers since the 1950s. They studied together at the Academy under György Konecsni and István Köpeczi-Bócz. Afterwards, they started to work together as freelance graphic designers. They frequently used “RW” as their signature on their works.
They mostly worked on movie posters and exhibition designs but also created travel, circus and event posters. They got comissions from big companies like OTP, Chemolimpex, Graboplast and Forte. In the 1960s and 1970s they tried numerous techniques and styles. Their movie posters consist of paper cut-out compositions, drawn details, burned photos or photomontages. Some of their works from around 1970 were done in the Pop Art style of the late 1960s. .