Description:
Hauer Confectionary is a Hungarian vintage original hand painted poster maquette by Mariann Preszler from around 1930.
Hauer Confectionery was a listed confectionery in Budapest, in the 8th district, on Rákóczi Street.
History
The confectionery was founded by Nándor Kazilek in 1890 in what was then a suburban location. After his death, his widow, Mária Guth, married Rezső Hauer in 1896, who took over the management of the company, which she operated under her own name from 1899.
One of the entrance doors when it was closed
The small shop, which originally consisted of a single room, developed rapidly, like the Hungarian confectionery industry, which was in its heyday at the time, and soon reached its current size. In 1901, a snack bar was added, and a chocolate and bonbon factory was added, while its machinery was also constantly expanding. After the death of Emil Gerbeaud, in 1920, Hauer Rezső was elected the perpetual honorary president of the confectionary industry association. Among his products, Hauer-krémes was the most successful, as well as pineapple and marzipan-flavored cream cakes.
During the nationalizations after World War II, in December 1949, factories with more than 10 employees were nationalized, and the giant state-owned company, the Confectionery Factory, which was established at that time, became its property. In 1953-55, the business premises were expanded towards Rákóczi út 47, the length of the portal was doubled. From 1956, it was operated by the Erkel Confectionery Company of the 8th district, and then from 1970, the East Pest Confectionery Company again under its old name. (source: wikipedia.org)